Friday, November 19, 2010

Video Review: "Now You Know"


What do I look for in a snowboard video? Instead of going through all of the unnecessary nitpicky details, I'll just say the best ones are those which remind me why I love snowboarding. It's not just the riding and the tricks; it's the entire experience. It's the people you meet, having fun with friends, the random shenanigans, the places you get to travel, and the the natural beauty of the sport. Sandbox's 2010 flick is one of my favorites this year for all of those reasons. First of all, the riding level is incredible; all of Canada's best riders are featured in this film and they all throw down! Scot Brown has an amazing opening part; he's so fluid on his board he might as well ride rails with his hands in his pockets. I hadn't heard of him until this year but regardless I'm impressed. This is also his second opener of the year, in addition to Flow's "Witness the Sickness." You also get to see Andrew Geeves shred the DC Mountain Lab which is probably to coolest terrain park ever built! If you haven't heard of it, I suggest checking out it because it will blow your mind! I'll also give a shout-out to Ryan Hall, Steve Cartwright, and Cory Gallon for super stylish urban riding as well. The most impressive section of the movie however would be the monster kicker session filmed by two helicopters! There's nothing more surreal than seeing Seb Toots and Mark McMorris throw down a double cork 1260s with snow capped peaks in the background. Basically "Now You Know" is an old school snowboard movie on par with today's incredible level of progression. Helicopter shots, trips to Japan for amazing powder, trees lines, double corks, and some of the biggest backcountry gaps I have ever seen are in this film. "Now You Know" is entertaining not only for its snowboarding, but also as a film. It has great music, great filler, and great editing.  For only $4.99 too it is such a steal; I highly suggest downloading it on iTunes, you will not be disappointed.  Click the picture below for a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment